During the using of laser engraving machine in these industries or DIY made in home, we all have some problems with this machine. For different materials, the parameters and methods of laser engraving machine are also different. So, how to adjust these in order to achieve the desired effect? Following is the main ways as your reference:
1. Advice for hardwood and solid wood engraving:
When carving on hard wood, cover the surface of the wood, which will reduce the residue that penetrate into the engraving area, and easy cleaning.
Engrave from bottom to top. We can change the working mode of the laser head in the software RDwork; engraving from bottom to top, rather than the usual carving from top to bottom, thus we can reduce the amount of fumes and debris drawn into the engraving area during the movement of the laser head.
2. If glass can be engraved with this machine? And is there any skills?
As we know, not all glass with the flat surface.
For engraving glass we give you some suggestions as following:
Using a lower resolution, about 300DPI it can get better results;
Change the black color in the graphic to 80%, which will improve the engraving quality.
We found that laying a piece of wet tissue on the glass during the engraving can helps to dissipate heat and improve engraving quality, but first make sure that the paper is not wrinkled.
Coating a thin layer of soap on the engraving area with your finger or tissue before engraving also helps dissipate heat;
Use ScotchBrite or similar materials to polish the engraved area to remove glass shards.
3. What should be pay attention to in the carving of plywood (plywood) or light wood?
This kind of material is more suitable for cutting applications rather than carving, because the plywood texture may be uneven, and with different layers of glue.
4. If it is possible for processing on leather with this machine?
Laser engraving machine can be used for engraving or cutting on leather, we have many customers in this industry use this machine, customized make wallet and marking LOGO on handbag.
5. What is the best setting for carving artificial leather?
It depends on the power of your machine; you can start testing at relatively high speed and low power. For if you do not move your material, you can engrave again and again, until you get the effect you want.
6. I hate wasting material. If we can use laser engraving machines make cool items with the waste materials?
Using the waste materials is a very good idea, not only created new projects, but also have more test challenging with kinds of photos. We have some customers have done this business, such as some small acrylic lighting signs, accessories, labels and so on.
7. I have an imac, can I use the laser engraving machine?
Our system operates on Windows-based design software; most of our customers choose CAD and CorelDRAW. MAC computers cannot connect directly to our system, but you can install virtual machines for windows running and use our machines.
8. How to properly maintain my machine? How long should I clean? The main maintenance items are the cleaning of the machine and cleaning of optical lenses. Cleaning the optical lens helps to ensure the most accurate engraving and cutting results of this machine.
9. Can I make an apparel investment use the laser engraving machine?
Yes. The laser engraving machine can cut and engrave with all kinds of textiles.
Related Industry Knowledge
- A Method for Treating Jigsaw and Wh...
- Laser welding machine for the autom...
- Note the laser welding machine
- Working principle of metal laser cu...
- The development trend of inkjet tec...
- Application of Penma Technology
- The Application of Pen Maji in Indu...
- The Development and Application of ...
- The Development of Laser Marking Ma...
- The Inadequacy of Laser Engraving i...
- the difference between UV laser and...
- Advantages of laser cutting
- laser cutting method-1